
On Michael Surtees "DesignNotes" (http://www.designnotes.info/?p=1529) blog there is a post on Oded Ezer's abstract 3D model based on Glaser's "I Heart NY" logo/poster. I find this piece interesting because, it takes an extremely simple flat logo and turns it into a 3D fine art sculptor. It retains the simplicity of the original logo yet is abstracted enough to not be immediately recognizable from a distance or at a glance.

3 comments:
Wow! I love this 3-D sculptural design of "I love NY". It is so pleasing to the eye, yet your eye first focuses on the heart and then to the way he sets up those letter. That is one of the most recognizable logos. I see so many California who have visited wear those shirts with pride.
Glaser is definatly famous for his design. I see the I heart NY or I heart ? everywhere. This new version however is very interesting. 3D is so cool.
That is SO interesting. I love seeing graphic design turned into tangible things, especially 3D stuff.
Post a Comment